Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

Exclusives, meeting up, pictures, discussions from the Con should all go here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: JoeCon 2011 News
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:58 am 

ThMick wrote:
J
*Speaking of which, those of you that are digging the Screamstriker better dig it while you can. The team said that the only way that they got the Transformers team to agree to let them do it was to promise that this would be the one and only, last time that the two lines would cross over.

Good to know who to blame then. If it ever happens it will have to come from someone higher up then who will force them to agree.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 am 
LOVES Mattel

Kinda makes me wish they could've gone for an even trade. "You do Starscreamstriker, we get to do a HISS Tank Transformer".

ThMick wrote:
They showed 2 multifigure packs, one Iron Grenadiers

Just saw pics of that.
I've never been a fan of Iron Grenadier stuff, but HOLY CRAP this set would've changed my mind quickly about that. The Destro is a fantastic mixture of the ROC and 25th "88" Destro parts, with the "old-timey" Destro mask from the SDCC Destro pack and even a general's cap. The other IGs looked equally impressive, using Resolute Destro and CC parts to look very regal and elite. Hasbro needs to make this set happen, it's the perfect Iron Grenadiers set in my eyes. (and again, this is coming from a guy that doesn't LIKE Iron Grenadiers!)
http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr24 ... CN0648.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:53 am 

J_Man wrote:
MightyMegs wrote:
I'm suprised no one's posted it yet... but the last Hasbro presentation had a mock-up of a FLAGG they've been working on. They can't get it costed-out the way they want, and the mock-up is pretty basic... but it resembles the FLAGG from the movie, with the twin launch decks. The emphasis is on interior play, with the decks opening up 90-degress to form additional levels.

That sounds cool, I haven't seen anything on it yet. A lot of the sites went quite earlier and I got bored checking, haha.

It's possible that might be the "Pit Playset" of the second movie... if they do actually carry over the second movie as a true part 2. The Flagg was at the end and would probably take part in the new movie in some way. They gotta do something about Cobra Commander, Destro, and Baroness being on board.

They had 2 great concepts to use the movie PIT mold (Hasbro thought the movie was going to be a HUGE success). Using the lower portion of the PIT, they had 2 Cobra concepts... either a HISS Transport, or a swing-open HUGE missle launcher. Both were built, and both looked super cool.

EDIT: Yeah, the Flagg was Resolute, not movie. And while they said 'don't hold your breath'... when Rik was asking John to elaborate on a comment he made about an idea on materials to bring the cost down on the toy, he said he wanted to keep it under his hat 'just in case'.

Last edited by MightyMegs on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:56 am 
Donor
Donor

HOLY CRAP. Some of that unreleased stuff in there is awesome! Here's the link to the entire folder. http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/Night_Viper/GI%20Joe%20Con/ Thanks Jay!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 am 
Plug
Plug

Nice.

Attachment:
KOP.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 am 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

Crosshair wrote:
HOLY CRAP. Some of that unreleased stuff in there is awesome! Here's the link to the entire folder. http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/Night_Viper/GI%20Joe%20Con/ Thanks Jay!

Man, if they would have came out with The Pit like this picture:

http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr24 ... CN0634.jpg

They would have sold the crap out of it. I think it would have easily became a top favorite vehicle in the line going all the way back. That is really cool.

And that Ravage/Baroness idea... THAT should have happened and still should. That alone would sell the subscription for Master Collector if they had it in their offering.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:13 am 
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

Wow, a lot of missed opportunites. I have a questions for those who attended the con: how was the crowd and dealer room? Anything comparable to other conventions? I've seen a few posts about the con, and almost nothing regarding the floor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm 

ThMick wrote:
They showed 2 multifigure packs, one Iron Grenadiers and one Steel Brigade, that got scrapped, and not only were both sets completely wicked cool, but the Steel Brigade set blew the SB figures that we are supposed to be getting out of the water.

Can someone describe the Steel Brigade set in more detail?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm 
The Thread Assassin.

J_Man wrote:
Crosshair wrote:

Man, if they would have came out with The Pit like this picture:

http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr24 ... CN0634.jpg

They would have sold the crap out of it. I think it would have easily became a top favorite vehicle in the line going all the way back. That is really cool.

And that Ravage/Baroness idea... THAT should have happened and still should. That alone would sell the subscription for Master Collector if they had it in their offering.

That was one of the two versions Mighty Megs mentioned. That would have been a cobra mobile command center. The other version looked a lot more like the giant crawler thing from Gears of War 2; It had room on it's top deck for two hiss tanks to sit side by side, missile batteries, ramps and gantries for "maintaining" the hisses. It was supposed to be a transport/support vehicle for the "Ultimate weapon" Hiss v5. As a tank nut, I thought that one was awesome and would loved to own it, but I kind of think it would have had to depend on the v5 Hiss being more successful.

The Ravage/Baroness was once again poopooed by the Transformers team. I'm not sure why, but the Transformers team actively does not want to do any crossovers with GI Joe, and since they are the cash cow right now, they get what they want.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:19 pm 
The Thread Assassin.

Jay wrote:
Kinda makes me wish they could've gone for an even trade. "You do Starscreamstriker, we get to do a HISS Tank Transformer".

ThMick wrote:
They showed 2 multifigure packs, one Iron Grenadiers

Just saw pics of that.
I've never been a fan of Iron Grenadier stuff, but HOLY CRAP this set would've changed my mind quickly about that. The Destro is a fantastic mixture of the ROC and 25th "88" Destro parts, with the "old-timey" Destro mask from the SDCC Destro pack and even a general's cap. The other IGs looked equally impressive, using Resolute Destro and CC parts to look very regal and elite. Hasbro needs to make this set happen, it's the perfect Iron Grenadiers set in my eyes. (and again, this is coming from a guy that doesn't LIKE Iron Grenadiers!)
http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/rr24 ... CN0648.jpg

I got up and asked them if there was any way that those two packs might be saved, and he said that considering the reaction they got from us there in the room, they could take that back with them, and perhaps reconsider, so who knows? I think that if they worked those out as internet multi packs like resolute, or TRU exclusives, they'd sell quite a few of them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:34 pm 
Plays a cop
Plays a cop

Joeczar wrote:
Wow, a lot of missed opportunites. I have a questions for those who attended the con: how was the crowd and dealer room? Anything comparable to other conventions? I've seen a few posts about the con, and almost nothing regarding the floor.

crowd again seemed down again from previous years, and the dealers room again is smaller. i went to two seminars, and each had about 60-75 people tops.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:41 pm 
The Thread Assassin.

ZombieGuide wrote:
Joeczar wrote:

crowd again seemed down again from previous years, and the dealers room again is smaller. i went to two seminars, and each had about 60-75 people tops.

What he said. I think the two biggest panel crowds were for the Hasbro and club panels. The dealer room seemed about the size of KC to me, but it also seemed a lot more Joe focused than the other two cons I've been to, fewer toys from other lines. It also seemed like there were fewer 12" vendors, but that was only a passing observation.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 pm 
Plays a cop
Plays a cop

ThMick wrote:
ZombieGuide wrote:
Joeczar wrote:

What he said. I think the two biggest panel crowds were for the Hasbro and club panels. The dealer room seemed about the size of KC to me, but it also seemed a lot more Joe focused than the other two cons I've been to, fewer toys from other lines. It also seemed like there were fewer 12" vendors, but that was only a passing observation.

down three big vendors:
joearmory
maruader john
kevin watts

12" presence was waaaaay down

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:50 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

It's getting to the point where most collectors that's been in it for a while has pretty much everything they want I would think. Beyond new stuff, most have the older items that actually attend the conventions. They might hit up people like John for the parts to replace broken pieces. In 2008 when I went, there were those looking at and getting older items, but the majority of people seemed interested in new and what Hasbro had to say. I would imagine that will continue to be the case unless Hasbro steps up their game and really goes all out to attract the outside world. There isn't a whole lot that's really drawing in the new collectors that actually stick with it. That's the way it appears to me anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm 
The Thread Assassin.

J_Man wrote:
It's getting to the point where most collectors that's been in it for a while has pretty much everything they want I would think. Beyond new stuff, most have the older items that actually attend the conventions. They might hit up people like John for the parts to replace broken pieces. In 2008 when I went, there were those looking at and getting older items, but the majority of people seemed interested in new and what Hasbro had to say. I would imagine that will continue to be the case unless Hasbro steps up their game and really goes all out to attract the outside world. There isn't a whole lot that's really drawing in the new collectors that actually stick with it. That's the way it appears to me anyway...

I can definitely see your point, I think you may be right. I think that a conspicuous absence was SK Omega, I didn't see them anywhere, though I may have missed them if they were there. I did notice that custom oriented vendors were doing pretty brisk sales. I stopped by Killa two times and bought soft goods, and there seemed to be a lot of interest and he was selling good while I was there; I sincerely hope that carried over the whole weekend. Mindbender customs looked like there was a lot of interest in his admittedly good work, but I'm not sure how well that translated in sales, as I only know of two people that bought from him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])