Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: GI Joe Battleground mobile device game
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:20 am 

this game is now LIVE! for Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobage.ww.a1544.gi_joe_Android

doesn't look like Mobage went for the CCG route, but instead the Heroclix route!

installing it... now!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Must not be fully available. I'm getting "This item cannot be installed in your country."

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:12 am 

hi guys, please do use my invite code: 7pEw6i

to get us both a rare Stormshadow v2 card.

Looks good initially... its basically the card game, turned into a heroclix board game. Looks fun! A lot of characters already initially available!

Add me up! Yo Joe! ;-)

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:34 pm 

It's up already? That was way sooner than expected. But I didn't get an e-mail or anything after signing up for the notice and the Stormshadow card. Strange.

EDIT... I can't install it. It gives me the "not available in your country" error as well. So the Real American Hero is not available in America? 8-O

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 pm 

Since this is hitting, I will share some advice that I learned from the Transformers Legends game. First, don't feel compelled to spend a single dime on this game. Some people get obsessed over these types of things and hang themselves on the micro purchases. Second, you can get free Mobacoins which is the in-game money. When you start the game, you might be asked to download another game for some free coins. Do that. Install the game, sign in with your Mobage account, and just scroll through until you get the "Thanks for playing" message. Boom, free coins. Uninstall the game and use the coins in the GIJoe came.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:52 pm 

well it looks cool, but I can't get it. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:08 pm 
Rooty tooty point & shooty

Nice!!! Looking forward to this getting released to the US.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 am 

really sounds weird that Asia got this game first... considering its on Google Play and not through piracy routes. :whistling:

* you get to play both G.I.Joe and Cobra, btw... you can form teams from each faction...
* sad that Annihilator and the Dreadnoks were listed as Cobra... dampens the hopes of future new factions as upgrades to the game...

and oh, this game has been really really addictive!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 am 

so far the only thing I don't like about the game is the inconsistency in card art... the art were taken from different sources - comics, card package art, and wonderful paintings... i'd wish they'd just take the art from the card package arts.

and oh, who the hell is Hector Ramirez? He gets a card in the game... albeit the worse card ever (i think).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:07 am 

Mainframe wrote:
and oh, who the hell is Hector Ramirez? He gets a card in the game... albeit the worse card ever (i think).

He is the TV reporter in the Sunbow cartoon. I can't imagine why they would make a card for him since he was never part of either faction, never used a weapon, and really has no redeeming qualities to be in a game like this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:11 pm 

FireFox91 wrote:
Mainframe wrote:

He is the TV reporter in the Sunbow cartoon. I can't imagine why they would make a card for him since he was never part of either faction, never used a weapon, and really has no redeeming qualities to be in a game like this.

that sounds just about right... his max'd out stats can only reach up to 1!!! Must be somebody's idea of a joke.

the Hector Ramirez card is basically fodder for levelling up other cards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:02 am 

looks like this game is in its beta testing stage, hence still not available worldwide, and why it was released so early after its initial announcement...

while its sad to not hear my joecustoms acquiantances being able to play the game, i'm really happy to be able to play it early on.

the game is marketed as an "Action Figure" game, but its clearly a collectible card game, masked by a Heroclix-style battle system. players' won't need to buy rare cards with real cash, since rare and even epic rare cards are (or were) obtainable using in-game "recruit tokens" you get from missions. the other week players got a rare or epic rare card every 10 recruits they made, but that was changed lately, where you only have a chance to get a rare or epic rare card on your every 10 recruit tokens. the change sucks, but somehow justifiable.

it's fun... really fun, and addicting. however, it's clearly not ready yet, since the game's getting tweaks every other day, options getting turned on and off every so often, bugs disappearing and reappearing here and there. there were several images wrongfully matched with names - like it's Zartan's profile speaking, while his image was clearly Monkeywrench, and so forth... frankly speaking, the latest update/build of the game frequently crashed on my android device.

and there's only three initial stages available, Russia, North Africa, and Brazil... that I've already finished since it began... the next stages are labelled "coming soon". now it's just playing the stages over and over again to level up my characters. I just hope the game doesn't get a reset, since that would be play time wasted...

frankly, the special skills each joe and cobra has definitely needs some re-working...

the writer of the in-game banter has done nice work... i snicker on Cobra Commander using phrases like "take your fall" on Alpine, and "run for cover" against Cover Girl...

and there are two Dial-Tones in the game, which i think is a first... the male Dial-Tone has his own card, playable in the game, and the female Dial-Tone, often referred to as "Dee-Tee" in the game's captions, serves as the game narrator for the joe team.

anyhow, i hope the game's nearing its completion stage, coz if it's this fun in its beta test stage, i can't wait to play it fully operational.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 pm 

I'm not really into these types of games, but some of that artwork looks awesome. Maybe Hasbro could hire the artists to do card art....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:41 pm 

Had trouble getting it downloaded, said I hadn't accessed the google store app (even after I accessed the app), not sure how to correct the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:52 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

I can't find it on the google play store on my android.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])