Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• For any member of the site, click the "Feedback" button at the bottom of any PM or post they have made or find the "Feedback / Brawlingness" link within their board profile.
  • For any non-member, you may find a thread for feedback about them within this forum. The thread title will be their name followed by "feedback." An example would be "SuperCoolJoeFan's feedback".
  • Whenever you complete a trade with a non-member, reply to their thread.
  • If the non-member does not have a thread, you can create one for them using the above mentioned thread naming scheme.
  • The feedback threads are for both good and not so good experiences. Please, try to work out issues with a trader partner before posting. Remember that users have lives outside of this board and my not be able to respond to PM's on a daily basis. You can use this forum for these purposes as well if you feel the user has been non-responsive.

Post subject: "mrsithninja" on ebay
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:52 pm 
King of Daikaiju

Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up about a rather "interesting" fellow on ebay.

I was lucky enough to score a TRU Masterpiece Soundwave when they went up on their website. I mainly just collect the Classics type figures, and mainly just wanted to get the Soundwave for the cassettes, as they display very well with the Classics/Universe/Generations figures.

I decided to put the Soundwave up on ebay, rather than have it sitting somewhere doing nothing in my house.

Four hours after the auction ended, I get this message from "mrsithninja":

mrsithninja wrote:
Why would you remove the cassettes? It makes the piece completely useless to collectors who are looking to buy it. Such a waste.

To which I replied:

Quote:
Not "useless" for collectors only looking for this specific variant of Soundwave. Especially if they already have the Takara cassettes.

Obviously there is very much a market for this figure by itself. The listing had over 260 views, 15 watchers, received over 20 best offers (over my minimum limit, many more under that), and sold at the full "buy it now" price, all in less than 24 hours of being listed on ebay.

As a collector, I did not want the Soundwave JUST the cassettes. As a collector, someone else wanted JUST the Soundwave. I'd hardly call that a "waste" when two collectors get exactly what they wanted without the extras that were packed with it.
For any collector looking for the entire package there are plenty to chose from on ebay, and it will eventually end up back in stock at Toys R Us stores.

While I completely disagree with you, I still thank you for the question, and wish you all the best!

Thinking this was done.
But he wasn't finished yet. This morning I get this response from him.

mrsithninja wrote:
You Sir, are no collector. No self-respecting collector would ever break up a set to part it out. The only thing you care about collecting is cash. What you and the others are doing is shamefull. Thankfully this is a new piece and still be easily gotten elsewhere.

Once people start throwing around the "true collector" mentality, I'm finished with them, so he will not be getting a respose back to that assanine message. I mean seriously, if all I was interested in was "collecting cash" wouldn't I just scalp the figure in complete condition, instead of selling extra parts for a reduced price, and keeping the parts I want? I mean all total, after getting paid, paypal taking their fee, paying ebay their fee, and shipping charges that I paid for, I got back like a whopping $60 from a $120 figure. Not exactly profitable.

I consider it a win, since I got all 5 cassette characters that I wanted for my display, and made just enough back from Soundwave to cover the 3.75" Dr Who figures I just bought.
Plus another collector was able to get the Soundwave they wanted, at a reduced price. Win - Win in my book.

I haven't dealt with him on a buyer/seller level, just some dude sending messages through ebay.
Just wanted to let people know what they were dealing with if they ever get a message from this guy.

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: "mrsithninja" on ebay
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:52 pm 

I'd say you did fine profitwise. Getting 50% back on your purchase while keeping 5 of the items sounds like a win to me.

Ignore the guy who emailed you, but don't complain about him. He didn't harm you in any way and you have no proof he is a bad seller or buyer.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:04 pm 
King of Daikaiju

sbarrett4 wrote:
Ignore the guy who emailed you, but don't complain about him. He didn't harm you in any way and you have no proof he is a bad seller or buyer.
Agreed. That is why I wanted to make sure to say that I had no experiences with him in a buyer/seller situation. He has no negative feedback. from what I could see, so in no way do I want to say he is a "bad buyer", or "stay away from him".

I hope it didn't come off like I was trying to bash him. I just know that many of us have dealt with collectors who love to point out why they think people are not "true collectors", or in this case a "self respected collector", and wanted to give people a "heads up".

That's all.
Not a bad buyer/seller/person, just likes to send annoying "elite-ist" messages to people on ebay.
So everyone can just take that for what it's worth. :-D

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:35 pm 

I just have troubles with the ones saying a figure is COMPLETE w/no backpack and then says its complete cause it was in a multipack and YoJoe people say its complete w/o said backpack but the figure shows the backpack with him............:roll:

[DESTRIN 41016] 2:29 pm: theyre comfortable
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:32 pm: thonnnngs.
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:34 pm: im wearing them right now lol
[DESTRIN 41016] 2:33 pm: i wear girl jeans. i have some girl hoodies also I wear.

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])