Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Tale of Two Schrages (With Apologies to Pluv...)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:32 pm 

... for blatantly ripping off his title :-P

I previously made customs of the Oktober Guard at the beginning of the 25th Anniversary, in 2008-2009. Not surprisingly, those customs are quite dated now. A while back, I pulled all those customs off the shelf with an eye to update them. When Marauder announced their World War 2 Kickstarter campaign and it included Russian figures, I pledged enough to grab a few figures. These were immediately earmarked to update my Oktober Guard customs.

I reread the original Marvel issues that the Oktober Guard appeared in. I realized that Schrage has a few different looks.

Schrage - Yearbook 2 version

On the back page of the second GI Joe Yearbook, Schrage appears in a green uniform that is clearly based on German styling. This makes sense since he hails from East Germany. I used parts from Marauder’s World War 2 German figures to recreate the look.

Schrage – Marvel Issue 6 version

In issues 6 and 7, he wears bullet belts on his torso and his uniform I’d roughly the colour of Brekhov’s. This version is based on that look.

So which version do you prefer? If I decided to keep just one of the two customs which one should it be?

P.S. I realized that he drum on the green version's weapon is backwards after taking the pictures.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: A Tale of Two Schrages (With Apologies to Pluv...)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:20 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I would give the green version a different head and use it as another East German character.

Both Schrage and the other guy were attached to the Oktober Guard, but the other one didn't work out as well as Schrage did.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:44 pm 

I like them both. where is the RPK from? if marauder did it come with the WW2 figures? they came about well after the AK47 so not in WW2 :)

if a full headswap isn't something you like what about just changing ones hair color? maybe gray on the later khaki version like he is older and wiser.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:36 pm 
Plug
Plug

I like those a lot. Great use of those bodies too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:32 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
I like them both. where is the RPK from? if marauder did it come with the WW2 figures? they came about well after the AK47 so not in WW2 :)

Marauder has had RPKs for a while. :whistling:

Schrage never seems to have worn any East German uniforms. I suppose he was issued Soviet style uniforms to blend in with his teammates. The satchels are right but not the rest.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:35 am 

Thanks guys. I went back and updated a few things on both figures, I just need to re-shoot them. I'll post updates here soon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])