Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: HasCon reveals
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:39 am 

harlie wrote:
(Sorry 6 in lovers but the scale just isn't Joe)

Probably how the those who grew up with the original 12" Joe felt when the 3 3/4" figures arrived on the market.

I really like the looks of these new 6" figures, but I'm not starting a new scale. Plus, I always felt that the bigger scale was just a way to jack up the prices...

I'm happy that the Retro line is really going Retro, but they say that it's Hasbro Pulse exclusive. Are they doing the same thing as the Kenner Marvel figures? The two pack will be exclusive, but the single cards will pop in stores eventually?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:01 am 

I'm happy to see the return of o-rings. the SE/SS pack doesn't interest me. I have my originals from 82 and 83, plus all the re-issues. I'm backing the Skystriker cause its got new figures.

I understand the need to have classic figures in this line, but I hope for some new takes on the characters are made as well. Perhaps a better effort at the Stars and Stripes set, with the figures actually looking like the box art. Or finish the OG 13 in tan to go with Grunt and Clutch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:36 am 

They stated the new O-rings would be made from food grade material so they (hopefully) will last longer than the plain rubber that has been used before.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:38 pm 
Plug
Plug

Suntzu wrote:
The o ring offerings slightly appeal to me but I find myself asking...

Are these superior to the o ring comic packs from years ago?

Those comic pack figures were the pinnacle of o ring Joe in my opinion. If the new o ring offerings are going to be superior to the original ARAH joes in some way, the way the comic pack figures had better head sculpts for example, then I'd at least look at the new upcoming o ring figures.
Well we havne't as of yet seen better sculpts for the heads. But the Flight Crew and Pilot Scarlett with the Skystriker gives me hope for additions to the line.

However, they did mention fixes for broken thumbs and crotches. First, they'll have the flexable forearms similar to the later comic/mulit-packs. Second, silicon o-rings instead of rubber to make them last longer and not need as much pressure to hold things together.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:46 pm 

Eh. O rings were good for what they were but it's a hard pass. While I get someone's uninspired ideas to chase after nostalgia and that money, it's already been done with better product on the shelves. It's cute of them to go back to this well but for crying out loud at least give them the right accessories and remake the snake eyes v2 mold.

It's a shame, I liked that they'd at least continued with some of the modern 3 3/4" designs and the recent wave seemed like they were making strides.

eBay Auctions for GI Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, WWE, DC & Marvel figures

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:12 am 

Everyone elsewhere is talking about how they wanted the Defiant or the Flagg from Haslabs and here I am sitting here wishing for a GI Joe HQ.
Attachment:
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg [ 44.73 KiB | Viewed 791 times ]

Preferably with Sparks and Firewall based on a modern sculpt.
Attachment:
GI Joe - Joe Team - Sparks~001.png
GI Joe - Joe Team - Sparks~001.png [ 121.05 KiB | Viewed 791 times ]
Attachment:
GI Joe - Joe Team - Firewall~003.jpg
GI Joe - Joe Team - Firewall~003.jpg [ 195.38 KiB | Viewed 791 times ]

Add ons could be something like an Armadillo w/Mayday or Multo, a bomb disposal unit w/Tripwire or Tunnel Rat, Checkpoint Alpha w/Sherlock or Law & Order, etc.
And since this would have to be a newish mold, I think the upgrade should be that the jail area be modular. So you could remove walls (done to the base so they could be set up outside the hq) leaving the beds so it could be a bunk area or remove the walls & beds so it could be a briefing area, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:29 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

...anyone who thinks the Defiant or the Flagg has a chance at Haslab is truly truly a deranged optimist.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:31 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

Hey guys... so, I've been barely following the Classifieds line... but as an Outback fanboy, I knew I needed that Tiger Force Outback figure. I saw him up for pre-order on Target.com last night and ordered. My order says it's due sometime in September.... is that right? The figure is coming out 10 months from now?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:37 am 
Plug
Plug

MJTanner wrote:
Hey guys... so, I've been barely following the Classifieds line... but as an Outback fanboy, I knew I needed that Tiger Force Outback figure. I saw him up for pre-order on Target.com last night and ordered. My order says it's due sometime in September.... is that right? The figure is coming out 10 months from now?
Yup. Everything is way, way off into the future because of production and shiping issues right now. Doens't mean it won't show up sooner, but I think they just want people to have more realisitc expectations and gave plenty of padding for any further unexpected delays.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:17 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

pluv wrote:
MJTanner wrote:
Yup. Everything is way, way off into the future because of production and shiping issues right now. Doens't mean it won't show up sooner, but I think they just want people to have more realisitc expectations and gave plenty of padding for any further unexpected delays.

Thanks! I have to add it to the list of pre-ordered stuff to update for after my move in January.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:41 pm 
HATES Mattel

Nostalgia isn't worth the monkey's ass it fell out of. Hasbro's complete creative bankruptcy was written on the wall when they fired all the staff artists to make them work-for-hire independent contractors.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:43 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Nostalgia isn't worth the monkey's ass it fell out of. Hasbro's complete creative bankruptcy was written on the wall when they fired all the staff artists to make them work-for-hire independent contractors.

Your constant bitterness about this stuff is getting really old. Just move along and let people enjoy what they enjoy.

Nostagia is what’s keeping this hobby alive. Without companies like Hasbro and Mattel tapping into that nostalgia you wouldn’t be getting half the small run boutique stuff you claim is so superior to everything else. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean its not true.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])