Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 18th Kickstarter - Hell Screamerz
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:37 pm 

Soooo... Did anything ever happen with these?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:17 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

......Oh man, I just visited the KS page.
No updates for way over a year.
This is worse than that Mission 3.75 Diorama project. That guy at least had the courage to say it wasn't happening (probably shouldn't have said he was looking into refunds though) before disappearing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:42 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

I’m soooo glad I never backed this project.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:48 pm 

I completely missed this campaign and its immediate aftermath, but did a deep dive through the thread on Hisstank's boards a few months back and it kind of breaks my heart. It's easy for me to say, as I have no skin in the game, but I feel for the guy behind Hell Screamerz. Best I can tell, he got in way over his head and kept digging until he couldn't get himself out. I understand people feeling screwed by the whole affair, but some of them talk like this guy swindled them, took their money, and ran. It's not like he's sitting on a beach in Fiji with a bag of cash next to him, sipping on a pina colada. He took on a massive production that he couldn't properly manage and lost control of the operation. It's doesn't take a criminal mind to blow through your working capital while trying to figure out what the hell you're doing, especially when you're dealing with factories in another country you have scant experience working with. Maybe it's because my father was a serial failed-entrepreneur with greater aptitude for dreaming than producing that I sympathize with this guy. If he had it all to do over again, I suspect he wouldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:28 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

kowalski wrote:
I completely missed this campaign and its immediate aftermath, but did a deep dive through the thread on Hisstank's boards a few months back and it kind of breaks my heart. It's easy for me to say, as I have no skin in the game, but I feel for the guy behind Hell Screamerz. Best I can tell, he got in way over his head and kept digging until he couldn't get himself out. I understand people feeling screwed by the whole affair, but some of them talk like this guy swindled them, took their money, and ran. It's not like he's sitting on a beach in Fiji with a bag of cash next to him, sipping on a pina colada. He took on a massive production that he couldn't properly manage and lost control of the operation. It's doesn't take a criminal mind to blow through your working capital while trying to figure out what the hell you're doing, especially when you're dealing with factories in another country you have scant experience working with. Maybe it's because my father was a serial failed-entrepreneur with greater aptitude for dreaming than producing that I sympathize with this guy. If he had it all to do over again, I suspect he wouldn't.

I feel the same. People are freaking awful. He's not a scammer. He's a failed businessman.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:45 am 
Nanomite enhanced

I definitely don’t think that there were any sketchy intentions with this project. But, even at the time, I really felt that the project was too ambitious - I did like the designs, and I was open to the possibility of purchasing some if/when the figures were actually produced, but I didn’t have enough confidence in his ability to actually deliver (and my budget was really tight back then too, making the decision even easier).

Obviously there have been many factors beyond anyone’s reasonable control that contributed to the apparent failure here. As with any crowdfunded project, there’s always the risk that you won’t actually get the product you backed. But, I’m sure that is not much comfort to those that backed the line, especially considering that many of us still remember the fiasco with Kamakura and the JC convention exclusive figures he took money for and never delivered (though I was one of the lucky ones that did get the figure).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:46 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

ThomasArmada23 wrote:
especially considering that many of us still remember the fiasco with Kamakura and the JC convention exclusive figures he took money for and never delivered (though I was one of the lucky ones that did get the figure).

I don't remember this--can you point me to a link about it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:08 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

MJTanner wrote:
ThomasArmada23 wrote:
especially considering that many of us still remember the fiasco with Kamakura and the JC convention exclusive figures he took money for and never delivered (though I was one of the lucky ones that did get the figure).

Sure, I think this thread covers it:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28129

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:09 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

ThomasArmada23 wrote:
MJTanner wrote:
ThomasArmada23 wrote:

Sure, I think this thread covers it:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=28129

So THAT'S what happened with him. I always wondered about him, but never followed this thread since I wasn't into ARAH style figs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])