Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Retro Scarlett fix
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:48 pm 

i bought a cheap set up $100 iirc a few yrs ago, but never got the hang of it. it was indrox1 who got me wanting to try one and he helped me pick it.

those guys look great. i really haven't painted much camo so maybe one of the pump deals would be good.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 50th Female Cobra Officers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:44 am 

I have found the perfect mask for the female Cobra Officers: heat shrink tubing. Aside from being the perfect color and texture (red is also available), it also holds the head higher on the neck which fixes the proportions on the figure. I also added the same chest rig as the one from my Scarlett custom since the shoulder straps weren’t giving the “Cobra Officer” vibe. The old Officer helmet is also a perfect fit and I think was the intended helmet for the head sculpt. The heat shrink tubing can also be used for arm wraps, or on vehicle antennas and other things.

- JM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:54 am 

Looks great! I use heat shrink a lot cause it's versatile. 2Dark got me into it cause he uses it so much. Excellent work on those

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:29 pm 

nice! i use heatshrink nearly every time i work on something in one way or another.

Post subject: Re: Duke, Torpedo, Short Fuze, Retaliation Jaye
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:47 pm 

First up is Duke. As much as I love the Pursuit of Cobra Duke head, Duke had a very distinct look during the 80s toy, comics, and cartoon. And the 2004 comic pack head captures it perfectly! Think Sgt Michael Stonebridge from Strike Back (excelent Spec Ops show, BTW). I still have to match the skintones though.

- JM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:50 pm 

Next is an LBC Torpedo. Not as straightforward as I thought. Turns out, theTorpedo head I’ve been using has dark skin like in the comics, and the body I bought was light skinned. I wanted to retain the dark skin because it was closer to real Hawaiian skin but ended up painting both head and body to be uniform, a little darker than the cartoon but lighter than the comics.

- JM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:55 pm 

Simple Short Fuze. I found a cheap Chinese source of unpainted 30th Lifeline heads and immediately bought one, painted it and popped it onto a gray Dollar Duke body for an instant toy-accurate Short Fuze. But I then realized the head was a closer match to a certain black-clad commando… until I get that Eagle Force figure.

- JM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:00 pm 

Finally Retaliation Lady Jaye. Something that always bugged me about the movie LJaye figure was that it was not screen-accurate. The Renegades Scarlett design only works for Renegades Scarlett. Movie Jaye had a combat shirt (which she took off and then just used a white sleeveless undershirt) but also always had a vest on with the uniform. So I found myself a Joy Toy Fox Hunter B vest and painted it to match. Still not screen-accurate but much closer to the movie and improves the figure’s silhouette greatly.

- JM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:36 pm 

some really cool stuff. that torpedo and blond snakes really stand out.

Post subject: Re: O-ring Comic Pack Lady Jaye tweak
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:19 pm 

We all hated this head sculpt 18 years ago because it looked nothing like Lady Jaye from the comics and wasn’t even particularly attractive unlike Bombstrike which many customizers swapped the head with.

Apparently the comic pack Lady Jaye was meant to have a removable cap as shown by the way the hair is sculpted and it turns out, Marauder’s ballcap is a PERFECT fit.

I chose a ballcap and painted it to match the BDU instead of a black fatigue cap because that’s how she appeared most of the time in the comics.

- JM

Post subject: Re: O-ring Comic Pack Lady Jaye tweak
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:16 am 

The cap on Lady Jaye looks solid, and I appreciate that you matched it to the uniform.

Post subject: Re: Cover Girl Sunbow and Marvel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:21 am 

First up is my version of Sunbow Cover Girl based on the Super7 figure:

Not as straightforward as I thought it would be since I had to match the color on the jacket, upper sleeves, and lower sleeves.

Next is a more modern Cover Girl:

The scarf is an homage to War on Cobra version. Joining the BFS torso to the MTF waist only required a little bit of shaving inside the crotch and filling it up afterwards.

Unsurprisingly, both the Marauder and the Zombie Labs female jacket share the same sculpt by Bossfight Studios.

- JM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:57 pm 

You're customs are phenomenal! Personal favourite goes to the Lady Jaye fix. I did something a little similar to General Colton. I also like your Cover Girls and Duke head. Really awesome stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:06 pm 

8bitboy wrote:
You're customs are phenomenal! Personal favourite goes to the Lady Jaye fix. I did something a little similar to General Colton. I also like your Cover Girls and Duke head. Really awesome stuff.

Thanks thanks.

Forgot to post the recipes for both Cover Girls.

Classic Cover Girl
Head - RoC Cover Girl
Torso - Marauder Agency Ops
Upper arms - Marauder Agency Ops
Lower arms - Marauder Valkyrie cloth forearms
Waist and legs - Marauder Valkyrie no armor
Jacket body - Marauder Valkyrie vest (same sculpt as Zombie Labs and Virtuvian HACKS)

Modern Cover Girl
Head, torso, arms, jacket - BFS Vitruvian HACKS Zombie Fighter (Same sculpt as BFS Zombie Labs)
Waist, legs - Marauder Valkyrie no armor
Scarf - Joy Toy Mech Maintenance

- JM

Post subject: Re: Simple Gen Hawk LBC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:27 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])