Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My First Customs of 2021:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:21 am 

Ooooohhh!I I see what you were speaking of now Mark. Those are Rise of the Beasts figure parts you're using (yellow claws and lower legs). I'm looking at an orange and black one right now as i've had plans for it for while.

Nice use of the parts :D

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:01 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Ah, thanks. For some reason, I thought those were a scorpion and rhino from some spiderman line.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:07 pm 

The next assassin: Kal-Amari, assassin from the depths! He has a foot soldier head with some sculpting and a Skeletor body with sculpted loin covering.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:51 am 

Oooooooooh. I like that concept.

A lot actually. It embodies a lot of pop culture from the last 50 years. Very nice.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:14 pm 

It's Dr Zoidberg gone wild. :rotfl:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:31 pm 

Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:17 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

harlie wrote:
It's Dr Zoidberg gone wild. :rotfl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I always wondered how an octopus/squid-man would look in the MOTU verse. Nicely done!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 am 

Thanks, guys! That FS head always looked squid/octopus like to me, so I had to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:34 pm 

And now, Battle Armor King Randor! I'm sure we'll be getting a Randor from MC at some point but when I first got BA He-Man, all I could think was that he'd make a great Randor ready for combat. In my MOTU-verse, Randor is the battle-ready king of Eternia. He's beloved by his people but they know he's also ready for a fight if his kingdom is threatened. This isn't the doddering old king of the first mini-comics, nor is it the passive king of the Filmation cartoon.
With the threat of Skeletor growing, and the Masters pushed to their limits, he's donned his armor to take his place beside them and fight against Skeletor and his minions.

Parts used - Head to toe BA He-Man, except the left arm, swapped from a He-Man vs Beast Man He-Man. Helmet, hair, beard, and fur on collar and cape are all sculpted on. The cap is made from a piece of grocery bag cut to shape and painted.

Post subject: Re: Mega Construx Customs - 2021:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:28 pm 

looks good! i keep saying i'm done adding motu wips then finding another character in my pile.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:03 pm 

Very nice work

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:37 pm 

Thanks, guys! As much as I love my 1:18 figures, when it comes to customizing, this scale is really my favorite.

Another addition:
So there was the MOTU figure named Snout Spout but he only appeared in the She-ra series, with his name given as "Hose Nose" initially. This was apparently the working name when he was in design. The story for Snout Spout was that he was a normal man who was turned into a cybernetic elephant man by Hordak. When I was a kid, I didn't like the addition of Hordak to MOTU, nor did I care for the tech direction they were taking with all the new characters. He-Man was about barbarians and magic, not space fights and technology. It just didn't make sense that they had all this advanced technology, like robots, lasers, and spaceships, but still ran around in fur diapers and used swords and axes. I got my sci-fi fix from GI Joe and Transformers, I wanted high fantasy from MOTU. In fact, the increasing sci-fi themes is what really drove me away from MOTU. Having said that, I do like some of the characters, or at least the ideas for them, just not as cyborgs and what-not (Rio Blast can just go right back to COPS or Bravestarr, though). So I use those characters in my MOTU-verse but rework them. Snout Spout is a member of the Mastodont tribe, along with his cousin Hose Nose. Snout Spout's robotic head is really just a helmet he wears into battle.

With all that said, I present - Hose Nose, mighty warrior from the Mastodont Village

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:44 pm 

Golden Girl - Leader of the Gemstone Guardians

While He-Man never really had any actual competition, She-Ra had to contend with Golden Girl and the Gemstone Warriors from Galoob (none of them were Rose, Blanche, Dorothy, or Sophia, though. Had they been, She-Ra would be the barely remembered line). I had a spare Teela and decided to do a tribute to the princess of Argonia and defender of prehistoric Earth:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:53 am 

these are amazing. I been wanting to do the joes in "LASER BLAST" scale for awhile.. and seeing your work I might get off my rump to actually start on it.. great job.. I love this scale..

"Future Seers like the ancient Mayans and Nostradamus were right about one thing, something would happen on the winter solace 2012. They just got some of the details wrong. Life on Earth would not end; it would just be changed forever."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:48 am 

Thanks! I need to finish my Joes. I got to the '87 figures and just sort of stopped. I may move on to the Cobras and ignore the '87+ figures for now. If you want to do some Joes in this size, this set is a great way to get started:

~$2.39 per figure and you get 8 figures ready to be turned into Cobra troopers and 8 ready to become Joes (they count the dogs as figures).

Edit:
A quick workup of one of the Germans into a Cobra trooper. I'll probably redo the mask, but for now, it's a bit of electrical tape cut to shape and attached.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])