Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2DARK2 ZERO TWENTY ONE
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:21 pm 

thanks sgcaper! this is my 3rd go at him and finally i got the size/look i wanted. i was trying to make a metal jaw part work but it never looked good.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:05 pm 

my new up sized jason and mike.
note the different boots from above. worth changing them out again or ??? i'm thinking of leaving the thin ones on mike and putting the thickest ones back on jason.

new jason between my 1st version and a new smaller version.
side view (note the thicker boots on the big guy)
unmasked. the old head could use some paint for sure. the small one may or may not be finnished as jason, but in a few of the movies i seem to remember a smaller built dude.

up sized mike alongside my 1st version. i broke out the sculpt for the first time in a long time working on my ghost busters so i went ahead and sculpted on mike and beastmans hair. mikes got sculpted, then mostly ground off as i checked source pics. i'm digging the side profiles a lot. head on he might need some hair showing from behind.
it is hard for me to look at this 1st one now without cringing. it is crazy how much i liked it at the time.

also went ahead and changed my old mj o-ring wip over to a modern build. i think i'll just be finishing this version and tear the others down for parts.
hee hee....

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 5:51 pm 

Those are all awesome!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 8:41 pm 

thanks dotd! i still have a lot of body mods to make before paint. i'm trying to use all 2 part epoxy on the two big guys. i had gotten pretty lazy using hot glue to build detail with with no idea how long it will actually hold up.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:46 pm 

Will you do a killer project? These are awesome. You're still debating sizes eh?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:52 pm 

fictional killers for now :) maybe real killers one day! i appreciate the feedback. eventually i want the 2 jasons plus a mask for each movie, or at least close to each movie. i think it is 10 masks iirc

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:31 pm 

by way of livevil ID'ing the backpacks i need for my gb project as intoyz i learned that the first mike myers base and both heads are also from the same line. also they are pretty expensive and rare. i've torn up and given away a lot of their stuff over the years. i'm pretty sure the navy seal packs and swat guys were in my very first big ebay lot way back when i first started.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:23 am 

getting caught up on editing pics. i hope to get them all posted in the next few days. it had been raining so much here that internet was horrible. finally got some clear skies so i spent the day uploading.

to start are my GOTG individual shots. i had way, way too many! i got them down to my final pics.

i ended up making 2 sets of guns for star lord, and remaking the first set. so this is versions 2 and 3. i had pics of all my poses with both sets of guns, but went with the slimmer set even though the taller ones would have room for the bottom slides to cycle. made from 2x fn pistols w/the taller using a lego bit in between.

star lord is mostly gi joe with a disney infinity head. near earth law man who went the bounty hunter route.

drax is marvel on a fn lower and a wwe rumbler head. custom steel knives. he was one of the "martian twins" in the near earth side show. billed as the martian strong man.

gamora is a joe base with marvel legs and head. her boot cuffs and sleaves are heat shrink. her pistol is a cut down lego ko? the second "martian twin" but no relation to her partner drax. a seductive performer she astounds audiences with a mix of martial arts, swordplay, and cabaret. billed as the deadly martian mistress.

groot is a dragonball head on mostly mcfarlane mummy. lots of bits and hot glue. the spirit of chief big root brought into being from unknown magik lives inside this wooden monster. chief big root was never more than an ad campaign for cheap cigarettes that are common on this near earth planet. adopted by the small rag tag side show the chief terrifies audiences with his incredible , well he is just incredible. all he ever says is "i am big root".

rocket is a sw chest on unknown lower. with disney infinity head and tail w/ alt got head. the sideshow owner and performer performer. a small man with a big temper. he wears the costume to become "the coon" in his death defying act. he smokes big root tobacco , cusses like a warf rat, and genuinely cares for his rag tag band.

and the group shot

i am very glad to get these done and ready for the gallery. i do need to flesh out their story though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:26 pm 

here is my wip for beastmaster. i am "borrowing the base figure from my croc dundee wip. i have been back and forth with my first he man build shown here as a barbarian.

i need to work on the tigers ,but i'm waiting until i get the beastmaster squared away size wise.

here is a knife i made on commission. after making the warduke dagger and drax's blades i thought it could be done so i gave it a go. at home i have limited tools so it makes it hard. after a first failed blade from using too thin a piece of metal i tried using the razor knife blade.
here it is rough cut beside the same type razor blade.
and finished beside the same. the guard is brass and handle is a couple layers of heat shrink.

it looks different in different lighting. ranging from black to bright and shiney. i chose to leave the surface rust stains to give it a used look.Image

in hand

and a few more shots
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:18 pm 

Nice. If I didn't know the scale, I'd say it looks like it was a Forged In Fire contestants knife.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:43 pm 

thanks harlie! i was a lot more prolific at metal making when i had a whole shop of jewelry tools to play with. i actually made a custom Doug Marcaida from fif that he saw and commented on.
http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... 5&id=17678

i have 2x forged in fire inspired sets started, but i need to get them finished. losing my job and access to fire really hampered my metal custom making.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 am 

Nice Doug.
I feel your pain on the job front. Been out for a few years due to health issues myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:57 pm 

i broke a leg on one of the cool little 3d printed facehuggers i painted up. trying to force it into a too small container. i never found rge limb and tried to sculpt one. it fell off so i glued it. i'm not super happy with it so i might try again.

i sculpted some more hair on mike, but it might not be enough to make much difference.
with paint

i got these cool little gitd beads from spec. i knew i wanted to use them in a lab for some kind of fuel or toxins. i found some little tubes i was hoarding fit them ok.
and w/black light

then i found a little slide top box specialty ammo came in. that led to thinking the beads were about the size of a bullet (9mm/.38). these would be cool in a sifi display or maybe cosplay.
w/black light

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:59 pm 

I almost fainted when I saw your Guardians. Tooo, tooooo good! Best homage set in my opinion! If they ever do Best Set of 2021 - 2022 this is certainly up there. Also the Jasons and Mikes are very cool as well as the face hugger and the Beastmaster. That one I really wanna see done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:06 am 

thanks! it truly means a lot.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])