Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: If you could pull a Red Laser/Black Major
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:28 am 

I've been a fan of Black Major's figs since he started and Red Laser's sets too.
Recently been wondering about what I would do if I had the money/juevos to make my own set of them.
I think these are the ones I would do in my first batch. Figures first with accessories in the second pic.

Attachment:
Wishlist .jpg
Wishlist .jpg [ 206.01 KiB | Viewed 8119 times ]

Figures
First off I would use the VvV Scarlett. I would release her in color schemes related to various releases of the original Scarlett mold ala Quarrel, Glenda, Athena, Ninja Force Scarlett, Stars & Stripes Scarlett, etc. Plus I would also do a Blonde in Cobra blue, a red one (either for Red Shadows or Crimson Guard), and a one based on Dr Knox's look in DDP's GI Joe 41.

Secondly is VvV Bombstrike. I would release her in her base color scheme. Other schemes would be one based on GI Jane, a Renegades Lady Jaye inspired one, one based on IDW Dial-Tone's two tone green uniform with dirty blonde hair, a Cobra blue with black hair, one based on the Range Viper color scheme, and one based on DIC's Range Viper Evy.

Thirdly would be Wild Weasel v1. I would keep the gloss black paint apps and white maps across every repaint. Color schemes would be v1, Invert the red and blue for one, a black suit w/red helmet & brown scarf based on v3, a steel grey version based on be, and one with a color scheme based on Dogfight with blue pants/brown jacket/white scarf and Thunder head/head gear.

Fourth would be Iceberg v2. I would set it so the yellow parts on the original one would instead be colored the same as the secondary color of the boots. So the first would keep the original just with the green from the boots replacing the yellow. Other color schemes would be tan as the primary color with brown as the secondary color, one in a black/dark red, a blue/black one, a Tiger Force color scheme based on TF Frostbite, and a red/black one (again for either Red Shadows or CG).

The fifth and final one would be Beachhead v2. Unless mentioned most of the black parts stay black. First scheme I would do is the original, next would be a color scheme based on Beachhead v1, a TF Beachhead inspired one, one based on Surefire vs, a blue uniform one, a red uniform one, and a Tele-Viper inspire one.

Accessories
As for their accessories I would mostly keep the guns/knives/Beachhead backpack either black or gunmetal grey. Iceberg 's white and tan sets would have equipment that matches. Any alternate heads would be done up to match the uniform of the body they come with. I tried to keep it between 4-6 pieces of equipment (not including alt heads/helmets).

Attachment:
Wishlist 2 .jpg
Wishlist 2 .jpg [ 160.78 KiB | Viewed 8119 times ]

For Scarlett I went with the original Scarlett crossbow, VvV's quiver, Wild Bill v5's pistol, Snake Eyes v1's uzi, and VvV Alley Viper II's machine pistol/head (with a neck modied to fit the figure).

For Bombstrike I went with her machine gun & pistol, Crocmaster v2's machete, Recondo v3's rifle, and Range Viper v2's helmet/head (neck modded if needed).

For Wild Weasel I went with Snake Eyes v1's uzi, Alley Viper II's machine pistol, Wild Weasel v4's backpack, Snake Eyes v3's uzi, and Wild Bill v5's pistol.

For Iceberg v2 I went with his uzi, pistol, knif, snowboard, and Recondo v3's rifle.

For Beachhead v2 I went with v1's rifle/backpack, Recoil's machine pistol, Crosshair's rifle, Alley Viper II's machine pistol, and Wild Bill v5's pistol.

Now these are my "What If I could pull a Black Major" set. Are there any you would do?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: If you could pull a Red Laser/Black Major
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:38 am 
DarkJedi'd

If we are talking going all Red Laser/Black Major, then it is about unique combinations of parts to create entirely new designs.

I think I would start with using the entire upper body of v1 Big Ben and then combine it with Chuckles v1 legs. Then just get various heads with the SAS hat to make a squad of SAS troops. The Chuckles pants color/design really works well to match the Big Ben waist paints green.

Two, I would take Red Star torso and waist, and combine it with the legs of Taurus. For arms I would vary between Big Ben and Red Star for the bare lower arms or heavier jacket look.

After that, the only things I would look into would be female torso versions of Flash v1, Zap v1, Steeler v1, Snow Job v1, Grunt v1, Toroedo v1, Firefly v1, HISS Driver v1, Cobra Trooper/Soldier v1, Cobra Officer v1, and maybe Ripcord v1. I'd also look into a male torso version of Cover Girl v1 and Lady Jaye v1.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:07 pm 

DarkJedi wrote:
If we are talking going all Red Laser/Black Major, then it is about unique combinations of parts to create entirely new designs.

I think I would start with using the entire upper body of v1 Big Ben and then combine it with Chuckles v1 legs. Then just get various heads with the SAS hat to make a squad of SAS troops. The Chuckles pants color/design really works well to match the Big Ben waist paints green.

Two, I would take Red Star torso and waist, and combine it with the legs of Taurus. For arms I would vary between Big Ben and Red Star for the bare lower arms or heavier jacket look.

After that, the only things I would look into would be female torso versions of Flash v1, Zap v1, Steeler v1, Snow Job v1, Grunt v1, Toroedo v1, Firefly v1, HISS Driver v1, Cobra Trooper/Soldier v1, Cobra Officer v1, and maybe Ripcord v1. I'd also look into a male torso version of Cover Girl v1 and Lady Jaye v1.

Yeah, I was going more towards the initial releases where the only differences were maybe a different head and then releasing them in a bunch of different color schemes. I originally had 15 different figures in my "set" but decided 5 would enough to start.
Attachment:
Ideas.jpg
Ideas.jpg [ 213.32 KiB | Viewed 8097 times ]

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't stick with just Joe's. I actually think I would then go with the Corps Star Force figures too.
Attachment:
Corps - Star Force.jpg
Corps - Star Force.jpg [ 239.42 KiB | Viewed 8097 times ]

I'd do them up in Cobra colors, Coil colors, Red Shadows, Iron Grenadiers, etc

Heck I would even try to get ahold of a set of the WOW Power Girls and do the heads from them as I know they fit the VvV Scarlett & Baroness bodies.
Attachment:
1990s-lanard-wow-girls-corps-figures_1_5200892280087ef581e60687d5937df0.jpg
1990s-lanard-wow-girls-corps-figures_1_5200892280087ef581e60687d5937df0.jpg [ 85.11 KiB | Viewed 8097 times ]

Attachment:
1990s-lanard-wow-girls-corps-figures_1_3fcee97d0df2990239d6e746236f29ef.jpg
1990s-lanard-wow-girls-corps-figures_1_3fcee97d0df2990239d6e746236f29ef.jpg [ 76.33 KiB | Viewed 8097 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:30 pm 
DarkJedi'd

This is the Big Ben/Chuckles combo I mentioned. I used a head from the military line Target had about ten years ago. Used a pencil lead to give him a bit of stubble.

Attachment:
Custom.JPG
Custom.JPG [ 36.01 KiB | Viewed 8095 times ]

Just by adding different heads combined with tactical scarves could lead to an entire squad of these guys.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:10 pm 

Set 2
Well here is my second set I would do.

First up is VvV Baroness. I would release the standard black with a (hopefully) better paint app on the Cobra emblem and no flesh tone hands and the same VvV Alley Viper II head from the above Scarlett set. Next would be a blue based around her first appearance. Then a crimson red one based on the Crimson Strike Team/Imperial Procession. From there it would be a blue/purple Tele Viper color scheme, purple/purple/silver Techno Viper scheme, red/blue/black HISS Driver scheme, teal/green Medi Viper scheme, green/gold Coil scheme, etc.

Second would be Trip Wire. Original color scheme, Listen n Fun scheme, Blades scheme, Slaughter's Marauders scheme, and a Funskool scheme. As for new schemes a Cobra blue/red ala Rip-It, a HISS Driver scheme, a black/red/silver IG scheme, etc.

Third is Lady Jaye (and comic pack head). Original color scheme, Sunbow two tone green scheme, frosted black 97 scheme, Renegades white/green scheme, convention Night Force scheme, Canary Ann scheme (though base it on the statue so no black crotch), and possibly Volga & Daina schemes (and their heads). Outside of these I'd do a Cobra blue scheme, a Red Shadows scheme, a Tiger Force, a Slaughter's Marauders scheme, etc.

Fourth is Track Viper. Original, Nitro Viper, Bronze Bombers 411, & Bronze Bombers Hard Drive schemes. I'd try to get the Bronze Bombers heads as alts in the set. I'd also do a HISS Driver scheme, Rip It scheme, Red Shadows scheme, IG scheme, Python Patrol scheme, Tiger Force scheme, Slaughter's Marauders scheme, etc.

Fifth is the 90's Viper. Original scheme & Iron Anvil scheme. New schemes would be: Python Patrol, original Viper based color scheme, 97 Trooper & Officer based scheme, Tiger Force color scheme, Slaughter's Marauders based scheme, and schemes based on the VvV Vipers & Neo Vipers.

And here are the weapons for them. As I said above I would try to keep it to 4-5 accessories.

First would come with VvV Baroness' P-90, V1's backpack, Firefly v1's phone, Viper v4's knife, and Mutt he's pistol.
Second would come with Tripwire's detector/backpack/mines, Law's uzi, and Duke v11's rifle.
Third would come with Lady Jaye's javelin/backpack/camera, Leatherneck v3's uzi, and Duke v11's rifle.
Fourth would come with Track Viper's pistol, Shockwave v1's uzi, Firefly v1's phone, and Viper v1's backpack.
Fifth would come with Leatherneck's uzi, Firefly v1's phone, Viper v1's backpack, Viper v4's knife and pistol.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 11:02 pm 

As one of the few collectors who have really embraced the NS figures over the 25A figures, I would love to see BM or RL roll with your idea.

The Scarlett alone has so much potential- especially if the jumbo shoulders could get fixed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:04 pm 

I would do these army builders:
1986 AVAC
1984 Tele- Viper

In various factions: Black, Crimson, Cobra Blue, Grey, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:48 am 

Been a bit, but I've had these sets made since the beginning.
Set 3

First is JvC's Zarana. I'll admit this one is here mainly cause I would want to fix the issue that causes the torso to crack at the neck by either shrinking the neck ball or adding a millimeter to the torso seam. As for color schemes I would do the original, one based on the v1 colors, the DiC color scheme, her SDCC Cold Slither color scheme, her Dreadnok Rampage con scheme, a Python Patrol scheme, a Tiger Force scheme, etc

Next is Jinx. I'd have her in her v1 scheme, the Vypra scheme, a white scheme, a Ninja Viper inspired scheme, her Tiger Force scheme, Night Creepers scheme, a pink scheme, etc.

"Librarian" Baroness is up next. Original scheme, a blue/yellow scheme based on her first appearance, a Cobra blue scheme, a Python Patrol scheme, Crimson scheme, a Coil green scheme, etc.

Windchill. I chose him cause this body could easily be colored to create officers for many different organizations. So a v1 based scheme, v2, a with a black coat and a RoC blue camo pants, brown coat and RoC tan camo pants, a Tiger Force scheme, a Python Patrol scheme, a Cobra blue scheme, a Crimson Guard scheme, a Red Shadows scheme, a Z-Force scheme, etc.

And finally the comic pack Cover Girl. Ok this one is mainly because of how hard it is to find her figure. As for color schemes; original, Night Force, Tiger Force, a Marauders scheme, a RoC camo scheme with a black jacket, a Sparta scheme with a Brazilian skin tone and a od green uniform, etc

Weapons set for each as follows. Guns/weapons would all be in a off gunmetal grey. Backpacks and other accessories would be colored to match the scheme.

Zarana - her saw gun, Low Light v1's uzi, Dusty v1's backpack, Stalker v2's rifle, Nightstalker's head modded to fit.
Jinx - v1's two swords/staff/backpack, Mutt v8's Mac-10, and Scarlett v5's head w/black hair.
Baroness - original's rifle w/soundtab removed, Major Bludd v1's pistol, v1's backpack, Duke v50's ak, & Nightstalker's head modded to fit.
Windchill - v1's rifle/skis, Recoil v1's backpack, Agent Helix v1's pistol, and an alt head (leaning towards Star Brigade Duke or a hatless Gung Ho v2).
Cover Girl - Stalker v1's rifle, Lady Jaye v3's pistol, Corps' Whispering Willie's shotgun, & Agent Helix v1's pistol.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 7:52 pm 

Well long time no update ;-)

Here is the final set I had done originally. I had this typed up months ago and lost it due to a blackout, so yeah.

Figures

Color schemes
AVAC - Original, Air -Viper v4 color scheme, Strato-Viper based scheme, Heli-Viper based scheme Python Patrol, Tiger Force, Red Shadow, Iron Grenadier, Artic scheme, etc

Chuckles - Unless otherwise stated these all have a Hawaiian print flower design on the shirt, schemes are shirt/pants: Original, Red/Khaki (Magnum PI homage with alt black haired/mustached Chuckles head), Night Force (Grey/Black), Tiger Force (Yellow/Two tone green striped), Slaughter's Marauders (Green w/Blue&Brown flowers/Marauder striped pants), Dino Hunter, etc.

Hardball - Original, Slaughter's Marauders, Tiger Force, Dino Hunter, Night Force, etc.

HISS Driver - Original, Rip-It, Track Viper scheme, HISS Gunner scheme, Python Patrol, Tiger Force, Red Shadows, etc.

Strato-Viper - Original, AVAC scheme, Air-Viper v1/3/4/5 schemes, Python Patrol, Tiger Force, Drop Zone's scheme, both Bronze Bomber's schemes, etc.

Equipment

AVAC - Snow Wolf v2's pistol, Low Light v1's uzi, AVAC's parachute, & Snake Eyes v23's SMG.
Chuckles - His pistol/holster, Dr Link Talbot's grenade launcher, Captain Grid-Iron's pistol, & Firefly's Walkie Talkie.
Hardball - His grenade launcher/backpack, Skydive v1's rifle, & Hit N Run v1's knife.
HISS Driver - Destro v1's pistol, Alpine v1's SMG, Thunder v1's monocular, & Lanard Corps Jones' shotgun.
Strato-Viper - Skydive v1's pistol, Blocker v1's SMG, Drop Zone v1's gun, & Steam Roller v1's knife (Alt head to match certain color schemes [Drop Zone & Bronze Bombers])

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:24 pm 

Now on top of the figures, I'm thinking I would put out some weapon sets. There would be 5 sets (2 Joes, 2 Cobras, 1 mixed), one released yearly. Each set would have 10 items (3 rifles, 3 medium size guns, 3 pistols, & 1 equipment [backpack, laptop, etc]) The Joe weapons would be made in a greenish grey, while the Cobra weapons would be done in a slate blue.

Joe set 1
Snow Job's XMLR-3A rifle, Sparta's rifle, Crankcase's rifle, Sgt Airborne v4's SMG, Snake Eyes v48's SMG, Duke v40's SMG, Agent Helix's pistol, Snake Eyes v56's pistol, Retaliation Trooper's pistol, & Cover Girl's laptop.

Attachment:
GI Joe - RLBM Ideas - Weapon Set (Good Guys)~002.jpg
GI Joe - RLBM Ideas - Weapon Set (Good Guys)~002.jpg [ 254.92 KiB | Viewed 6896 times ]

Cobra set 1
Duke v's AK, rifle, Viper v1's rifle, Baroness v's SMG, Cobra Trooper v's SMG, Para Trooper v's SMG, pistol, Munitia v1's pistol, Shock Trooper v1's taser, & Zartan v21's crossbow.

Attachment:
Cobra 1.jpg
Cobra 1.jpg [ 224.37 KiB | Viewed 6896 times ]

Mixed set 1
Mouse's rifle, Lady Jaye v9's rifle, Snow Serpent v8's rifle, Snake Eyes v58's SMG, Flint v21's SMG, Hawk v21's SMG, ROC Cover Girl's pistol, Baroness v11's pistol, Zartan v1's pistol, & Shipwreck v8's backpack.

Attachment:
Mixed.jpg
Mixed.jpg [ 238.23 KiB | Viewed 6896 times ]

Cobra set 2
Cobra Officer v1's rifle, Crimson Guard v1's rifle, Snow Serpent v1's rifle, Air Devil v1's SMG, Annihilators v1's SMG, Head Hunters v1's shotgun, Rock-Viper v1's pistol, Scrap Iron v1's pistol, Snow Wolf v2's pistol, & Eel v1's backpack.

Attachment:
GI Joe - RLBM Ideas - Weapon Set (Bad Guys)~002.jpg
GI Joe - RLBM Ideas - Weapon Set (Bad Guys)~002.jpg [ 193.82 KiB | Viewed 6896 times ]

Joe set 2
Leatherneck v1's rifle, Duke v11's rifle, Duke v20's rifle, Alpine v1's SMG, Topside v1's SMG, Dr Link Talbot v2's grenade launcher, Red Dog v1's pistol, Chuckles v1's pistol, Dogfight v1's pistol, & Action Soldier's backpack.

Attachment:
Joes 2.jpg
Joes 2.jpg [ 234.13 KiB | Viewed 6896 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])