Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generic MegaBloks thread
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:17 am 

Redmao wrote:
Suntzu wrote:
Redmao - did you buy the MOTU Mega figures online?

Yeah, bought them online. Couldn't wait for them to show up up here and that's if they do actually show up. The Mega Construx website shows them as Not available in your country.
Don't know if it means for now or that the line is US only.

The micro castle is from the Assassin's Creed line.

I noticed that after I pulled the trigger on a few sets . I'm glad I decided not to wait.

All of this Mega talk has reignited an interest in the HALO line . I'm generally a micro Joe (mega construx call of duty) only collector generally but the new Halo Athlon armour looks good.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:57 am 

Speaking of Halo, I realized a few days ago that I was missing Kat to complete Noble Team 8-O
Lucky for me, she's available in a small set with a brute and some sort of bike and TRU still had the set in stock.

For CoD, I really hope they'll do some generic bad guys besides zombies. Something like bank robbers in ski masks or gangsters.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:54 pm 
HATES Mattel

Redmao wrote:
Yeah, bought them online. Couldn't wait for them to show up up here and that's if they do actually show up.

Well, where from? Ebay? Are whole cases available anywhere?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 pm 

Yay, managed to find 2 xenos!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:56 pm 

Considering the library of masked / helmeted head sculpts that Mega Construx now boasts you'd think we would have received a uniformly ski masked (balaclava) troop pack by now even if the theme painted them as "good" or "neutral" forces. Thy gave us a "not nazi" in the World War military sets.

I bought 2 each of Skeletor and He-Man for a bit less than $10 shipped (each) and yet....i feel good about that price. I have no faith that i'll see these figures on local store shelves within the next 45 days

Redmao have you been modifying the height of your HALO Spartans?
Are any of you seeing the Destiny EV-38 Laurelbearer Sparrow set on brick and mortar retailer shelves?

Call of Duty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 am 

Modifying the height? By using CoD pieces?

That hasmat dude looks pretty cool and has lots of potential plus I'm sure every MB Snake Eyes customs will need that Uzi.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:45 am 
HATES Mattel

Suntzu wrote:
I bought 2 each of Skeletor and He-Man for a bit less than $10 shipped (each)

Well, where from? Ebay? Are whole cases available anywhere?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 am 

Yes modifying the height of Spartans using COD pices (or whatever gets the job done ).

Av' ..yep Ebay. I don't recall seeing complete cases being sold but I wasn't looking for them either .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:38 am 

Are you just using the upper legs or the Cod torso as well?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:15 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Suntzu wrote:
Considering the library of masked / helmeted head sculpts that Mega Construx now boasts you'd think we would have received a uniformly ski masked (balaclava) troop pack by now even if the theme painted them as "good" or "neutral" forces. Thy gave us a "not nazi" in the World War military sets.

I bought 2 each of Skeletor and He-Man for a bit less than $10 shipped (each) and yet....i feel good about that price. I have no faith that i'll see these figures on local store shelves within the next 45 days

Redmao have you been modifying the height of your HALO Spartans?
Are any of you seeing the Destiny EV-38 Laurelbearer Sparrow set on brick and mortar retailer shelves?

Call of Duty

Glad you found some MOTU figures, they're showing hard to find around here. I'd like to find a couple just to do some customizing now.

That Destiny figure is fantastic. I can see that becoming Toxo-vipers and other figures. Maybe paint one silver for a firefighter. I'd like to have several of them and I didn't even know they existed before this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:28 pm 

When adding height, I've had a lot of success by bashing pieces onto the lower legs, just under the knee.

Honestly, so many different lines work, that if it eyeballs right, it'll probably work when glued to a Mega Construx figure. I've used everything from 2"-4" figure pieces, and have even been able to articulate ankles & wrists.

The pieces for that Haz-Mat dude are currently available. Maybe the gas mask might vary, but if you need one now, you can fudge it with MB Astronauts, etc. Head with clear mask available via CoD Reyes Gamestop exclusive.

Will probably pick up my MOTU figures tonight/tomorrow while visiting my parents'. Resorted to eBay, because my feeling was 100% correct that they're impossible to find at retail locally. The 2 Xenos I found I bought... perhaps Mattel finally found their scale for MOTU? I know I'd collect the line and buy for fodder...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:59 pm 

I checked my Walmart today and they restocked. Picked up 4 each of Heman, Skelly, Alien and Marines. passed on 4 Picard and Borg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:51 pm 

I would probably be more interested in the Borg if it had newer parts to use, a lot of it is heavily recycled. May still get one for the gear though. Picard is definitely the shelf warmer of the set, it moves some but understandably slower from the rest since it doesn't really have the cool factor. Oh well, the rest are great. Hope these really catch on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 am 

Redmao wrote:
Are you just using the upper legs or the Cod torso as well?

The few that I've traded away used COD seal team torsos and upper legs. Initially I was focused on making a lot of Halo Spartans with increased height but, like my custom fully articulated Jada Toys Spartans, after 3 or more you realize you'd rather have some company just make micro figures the " right way" to begin with (which to Mega's credit they did with the Call of Duty line).

Cobra Command
I had to go back a few pages and take another look at your Slime Skeletor . Fack that's a nice looking toy man. Again....the type of genuine toy action figure that doesnt pretend it's a scultpure and deserves to be played with . That's prime work and the purple /neon translucent green colours really pop.

I wanted a Picard but not before I secured motu figures. I suspect they should have short packed Picard .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:50 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Sir Patrick Stewart does a vanity search for himself, including his most famous role, sees this thread, and weeps silently to himself. "Why don't they like me? I thought I was a pretty cool guy."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 84  Next

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:44 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])