Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:38 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Generic MegaBloks thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:43 pm 

Mattel just launched a preorder for the Mega Construx MOTU Snake Mountain. Its priced at $321 and scheduled to ship on 8/31/22. Payment options available (which I took advantage of). Looks like some of the figures from the cancelled(?) Advent Calendar made it into this set including Thunder Punch He-Man, Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Webstor and Ram Man. It is supposed to be available at other retail outlets "later" if you want to take a chance and wait.

https://creations.mattel.com/pages/mega ... e-mountain

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:20 pm 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Yeah, I like the look of Snake Mountain better than Greyskull an really want those 4 figures, so I'll probably be getting it eventually. Just will wait until it hits other retail to see if anyone beats the MSRP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:30 pm 

Mattel's SDCC set is up for preorder.

https://creations.mattel.com/collection ... -set-hhw82

Its the Grayskull drawbridge with a Prince Adam and He-Man figure. It features a "transforming" gimmick where the drawbridge spins from Adam on it to He-Man. Cheesy sure but its better than some other exclusives I've seen this year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:12 pm 

A few more of the "Advent Calendar" figures have appeared in the new Battle for Eternia II Collection 6-pack. Orko, Whiplash and Wun-dar (with matching toaster) along with pink Teela, variant Mer-man and GITD Scare Glow. I picked up a couple of these sets from Amazon when they first went up for preorder and they arrived a couple weeks ago. Just need to track down the Santa hat He-Man and Man-At-Arms for less than a kidney.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:09 pm 

Unfortunately, from what MCX-Kevin posted, most people still won't be getting them. He posted that there was a small order for the set so the ones out there are pretty much it. I was lucky enough to get one but it doesn't sound like more will be coming available.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:10 am 

MarkM wrote:
Unfortunately, from what MCX-Kevin posted, most people still won't be getting them. He posted that there was a small order for the set so the ones out there are pretty much it. I was lucky enough to get one but it doesn't sound like more will be coming available.

I was regularly checking on Amazon, but I missed them when they were actually available. I don't really care about the variant figures, but really would have liked to have Whiplash. I'm still holding out a slight hope, but I keep seeing things suggesting an extremely low production run.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:51 pm 

Yeah. I lucked out and got mine from DeepDiscount. I'd never ordered from them before but saw enough people recommend them that I tried it. They don't even have the set listed anymore, even as a "sold out". Supposedly it's been stated there will not be anymore single figure packs or figure multi-packs, either. Just build sets with figure pack-ins, which stinks. While the builds are good for what they are, I just don't like the brick build stuff for the most part. Smaller things like the Battle Ram or Roton are okay, but once they start getting bigger than that, they're too 'bricky' looking for me. I want to be able to just get the figures and not mess with the sets. I'd even settle for the derpy skulls with junk pack-ins, as long as we got proper releases of the figures. And there are only maybe 10 or 15 more figures I really want (counting ones already released but I don't have because they're in Snake Mountain or Castle Greyskull, which I probably just won't get). I don't need Rio Blast or the goofier ones from the last gasp of the line, but I'd like to have some of the bigger names.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:13 pm 

MarkM wrote:
Yeah. I lucked out and got mine from DeepDiscount. I'd never ordered from them before but saw enough people recommend them that I tried it. They don't even have the set listed anymore, even as a "sold out". Supposedly it's been stated there will not be anymore single figure packs or figure multi-packs, either. Just build sets with figure pack-ins, which stinks. While the builds are good for what they are, I just don't like the brick build stuff for the most part. Smaller things like the Battle Ram or Roton are okay, but once they start getting bigger than that, they're too 'bricky' looking for me. I want to be able to just get the figures and not mess with the sets. I'd even settle for the derpy skulls with junk pack-ins, as long as we got proper releases of the figures. And there are only maybe 10 or 15 more figures I really want (counting ones already released but I don't have because they're in Snake Mountain or Castle Greyskull, which I probably just won't get). I don't need Rio Blast or the goofier ones from the last gasp of the line, but I'd like to have some of the bigger names.

I agree with everything you said ^

I've recently found myself returning to Mega Construx customizing so i'm interested in new figure fodder and more MOTU figures. At the price figures are currently being sold for i'm ok with buying small to mid sized sets (battle ram and roton as you mentioned) *if* the sets include figures i want because it's cheaper and more convenient. And , despite not having interest in the skull sets , i'd buy them if they came with a figure or 2 i needed.

At this stage though Mega isn't offering purchasing convenience, good prices, wide spread availability nor diverse character selection so..... i'd be happy if they released Jitsu , Ninjor , Clamp Champ and Sy-Klone. I'll customize anything else i want after that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:03 pm 

Pardon the "bump" but Mark an image of your Attack Track (?) has been posted here :

https://toyhabits.com/2023-masters-of-t ... otu-leaks/

:)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:22 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
I agree with everything you said ^

I've recently found myself returning to Mega Construx customizing so i'm interested in new figure fodder and more MOTU figures. At the price figures are currently being sold for i'm ok with buying small to mid sized sets (battle ram and roton as you mentioned) *if* the sets include figures i want because it's cheaper and more convenient. And , despite not having interest in the skull sets , i'd buy them if they came with a figure or 2 i needed.

At this stage though Mega isn't offering purchasing convenience, good prices, wide spread availability nor diverse character selection so..... i'd be happy if they released Jitsu , Ninjor , Clamp Champ and Sy-Klone. I'll customize anything else i want after that.

Yup, pretty much exactly this. Clamp Champ and Jitsu should be definite easy releases. Ninjor looks to be coming. Sy-Klone I'm not expecting to see, but I have a custom that I'm okay with for now and will probably revisit by 3D-designing-and-printing the torso and head. Beyond that, I want Clawful, Buzz-Off, Spikor, maybe a Horde Trooper, and maybe some of the Snake-Men. Anyone else, I don't really need. Modulok and Multi-bot were fun as a kid, but I don't need them in my Mega-MOTU collection (at least not right now).

Suntzu wrote:
Pardon the "bump" but Mark an image of your Attack Track (?) has been posted here :

https://toyhabits.com/2023-masters-of-t ... otu-leaks/

:)

Okay, now that's cool! Thanks for sharing. Not that it really does anything, but it's neat to see someone liked my design enough to use it as an example.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:23 pm 

I thought the Horde Trooper had been officially released already but maybe it's because I have the stl for a 3d design. Have you acquired that one yet? I'm 80% sure it was a free file from the usual places.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 pm 

Suntzu wrote:
I thought the Horde Trooper had been officially released already but maybe it's because I have the stl for a 3d design. Have you acquired that one yet? I'm 80% sure it was a free file from the usual places.

Yeah I snagged all of the files from... I can't remember his name now... that guy. I'm glad I did because at some point he took them to for-pay on Cults3D. His prerogative, but since I got them for free initially, I didn't really want to pay for them. I haven't printed any yet because he didn't give them knees or elbows, and I've been (slowly) adding them to his figures for my use.

I'm thinking I may just start designing up the figures I want that aren't on the horizon and print for my own collection (which, going off my past custom creations, means that Mega will announce them right afterwards). If I do, I'll point you to the figures.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:23 am 

MarkM wrote:

Yeah I snagged all of the files from... I can't remember his name now... that guy. I'm glad I did because at some point he took them to for-pay on Cults3D. His prerogative, but since I got them for free initially, I didn't really want to pay for them. I haven't printed any yet because he didn't give them knees or elbows, and I've been (slowly) adding them to his figures for my use.

I'm thinking I may just start designing up the figures I want that aren't on the horizon and print for my own collection (which, going off my past custom creations, means that Mega will announce them right afterwards). If I do, I'll point you to the figures.

I'm glad you reminded of that. There's one specific file of a character I need if you have it. I noticed the guy deleted that one character and sent it to Cults3d. I thought I'd be able to find it somewhere but I haven't been able to thus far. If you have it I'd appreciate getting it from you.

I'm actually putting the finishing touches on some body armor for a specific MOTU Mega figure. That's the realm Mega has pushed us into - I'm making parts for figures like it's 2005 because at the rate Mega is releasing figures and things i want a decade will have passed (seriously. A decade lol).

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 2:33 pm 
Plug
Plug

Eternia playset going up for preorder May 8th on Mattel Creations for $65.
https://creations.mattel.com/products/m ... -set-hff28

Attachment:
IMG_3137.jpeg
IMG_3137.jpeg [ 808.91 KiB | Viewed 4857 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 7:57 pm 

Woo-hoo! I really only want Webstor and Buzz-Off, but I'll take it all, especially for that price.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:38 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])