Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #11 Eel V2
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 7:05 pm 

that is a smart idea using the lol shark!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #11 Eel V2
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 10:18 pm 

Thanks for those kind words on the Eel.

Now, this gets kinda weird, but I had a fun time making this happen.

My son usually draws ideas for his own toyline while we're in church. He sketched a robot with an aquarium for a head. To be honest, it's not terribly unique, but I still liked it. I asked him what his name was, and he said Fishtank, and it took it over the top.

Meanwhile, I've got this weird Fortnite back bling that I've been wanting to use. I carve out the front of an Iron Man for the back bling to fit, replace the limited articulation arms, and slap a cannon on the neck post. Now, I have my very own version of Fishtank. I had this image of a military robot with a baby carrier for the fish pilot, like a tank for a fish. I also gave the back bling some articulation for aiming his pistols.

I have no idea where it fits in my collection and most likely will find its way into my son's room.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #12 Fishtank
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:00 pm 

There's something about blending Fortnite parts into customs that is really fun.

This is a fantastic piece, too.

Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #10 Kraken
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 1:41 pm 

alleyviperelite wrote:
Threw this guy together from mostly Fortnite figures after having some broken pieces. Swapped in some Spytroops Tele-Viper feet. His dive pack is from Final Faction and the cyber-shark is from the League of Legends multi pack.ImageImage

:like:
Is this 1:18 scale?

Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #10 Kraken
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 6:14 pm 

Rambo wrote:

:like:
Is this 1:18 scale?

Yes it is, I use the Solo Mode Fortnite figures

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 7:15 pm 

Fishtank is all win.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:54 pm 

Big update since the board is going to get shut down.

First up is a 3d printed samurai armor from Loot Studios. I printed this with PLA just playing around. It would have been smoother with resin, but I'm not terribly upset with this as a test piece.

Painted it up to go on Destro's hall of armor, brought home to Castle Destro by his 19th century ancestor who sought to secure the arms deal in Japan as western weapons began to wipe out the Samurai clans. Instead, he was taught the way of the samurai and fought against the very weaponry he attempted to sell to the Japanese government.

A couple of lbc Sith apprentices. Anakin got an arm swap to replace the badly articulated arms. The ROTJ Luke got a head swap and some accessories. The Sith exists in my joeverse as a dark ninja clan of swordsmen. Their red blades are crafted by each wielder, and only the clan knows the secrets of the blades.

A triple threat of Fortnite based figures joining Big Boss in Empire City.
Hyena is a sharp dressed maniac. LBC with a mashup head from Star Wars and Corps.

Dr. Claw runs his own business with a cybernetic enemy in the police force.

Chev Chelios, Deckard Shaw, Lee Christmas, Bishop, Jasper, Jenson, this man has hundreds of aliases, but when you need a professional driver, call The Transporter.

I loved Popeye cartoons as a kid, and I watched the movie dozens of times. Kinda bummed when Boss Fight got the license and did the characters in their stylized line instead of Hero Hacks. We visited Universal Studios this summer, and it reignited my desire to have the characters in 1/18th.

Popeye's color comes from the Robin Williams look. I swapped some newsculpt Grunt arms on the Marauder biceps to give him the bulked up forearms. The lower legs are leftover Corps legs from testing out my sculpting prowess years ago. His proportions are wonky but still real-world enough to work.

And what's Popeye without Bluto. Another Penguin figure gets used for the bulk with some added greenstuff to make him a bit more barrel chested. Added a belt and some hair to finish him off. Copies the Boss Fight colors on this one.

And what's those two mortal enemies without a girl to fight over. Olive Oyl is a Catwoman figure with a Golden Compass skirt I've been saving for the perfect custom. Added the collarr detail, shirt bottom, cuffs, and gave her a bun with greenstuff. Black and red with the brown boots for her iconic look.

And a group shot for size comparison.

Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #13-21 Summer Update
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:10 am 

Nice set. Good to see someone using the Spinmaster Batman toys. They have a unique feel.

Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #13-21 Summer Update
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:26 pm 

Got into PLA printing this year after years of resin fun. Been working out the kinks and learning the craft while playing with some dio models. All of these are from Loot Studios resized for 1/18th.

The Watcher's Throne is the most recent painted sample. This one has more curves and shows layer lines worse than the others. Printed in silk copper, the seat cushion is unpainted.

The Spider Throne was one of my first attempts to resize and cut a model to fit on my resin printer, it was very unsuccessful. Printed this in plain black PLA and added the detailing with a gloss clear coat.

The Mad Mage's Dragon Eye Throne. I really enjoyed painting this one and was really pleased with how it turned out. Printed the second one in copper silk and they've both moved to new homes.

The Ice Viking Throne, one painted and the other in plain black.

The Cursed Throne in copper silk.

Post subject: Re: AVE 2023 Customs and Updates: #22-26 3d printed thrones
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:28 pm 

That spider throne is just begging for a Drow elf priestess of Lloth to sit on it. They look great.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:58 pm 

Greymalkin wrote:
a Drow elf priestess of Lloth

I had to google those words but heck yeah, you're right! Thanks for the kind words.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:14 am 

The thrones are amazing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])