Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Colonel Brekhov (Every Joe #259)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:48 am 

One of the early Marvel Comics characters who never received a toy in the first ARAH run, this is Colonel Brekhov. Design wise, there wasn't anything to tweak, as Herb Trimpe made Colonel Brekhov perfect from the start. I've classified the artwork in the 1998 category because that's when the first figure was released.

As for Colonel Brekhov's inexplicable clone, Red Star, his artwork is already in the can and it ISN'T a flip and recolor of this art.

Attachments:
everyjoe-colonel-brekhov.jpg
everyjoe-colonel-brekhov.jpg [ 200.95 KiB | Viewed 4524 times ]
 Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Colonel Brekhov (Every Joe #259)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:18 pm 

Прекрасная работа, друг мой.
Beautiful work my friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:35 am 

Thank you, my friend.

Herb Trimpe is by far my favorite artist, and (I'd like to think) there's a lot of his style in my work, along with Tony Salmons and a drizzling of Walt Simonson. On a few of these pieces, I've tried to get it as close to Trimpe's artwork as possible, but I can't untether it entirely.

If I could, I would love to write/draw some "deleted scenes" from GI Joe #1. Like maybe show the Joes talking to whoever piloted the landing craft (probably pre-Cutter), or maybe Steeler's MOBAT crew apparently not being mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:26 am 
DarkJedi'd

past nastification wrote:

If I could, I would love to write/draw some "deleted scenes" from GI Joe #1. Like maybe show the Joes talking to whoever piloted the landing craft (probably pre-Cutter), or maybe Steeler's MOBAT crew apparently not being mentioned.

I actually created characters to man the landing craft using Hero Machine, Gunwale and Patch.

Also working on MOBAT crew. Just have Crunchy. That's the sound slow moving objects make under tank tracks. :-)

But now back to past's thread...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:16 am 

DarkJedi wrote:
past nastification wrote:

I actually created characters to man the landing craft using Hero Machine, Gunwale and Patch.

Also working on MOBAT crew. Just have Crunchy. That's the sound slow moving objects make under tank tracks. :-)

But now back to past's thread...

"Crunchy" sounds perfect. I already have customs for Forward (Driver) and Lug (Loader); working on Distance (Gunner).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:24 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])