Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sourcing Star Wars parts/accessories
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:52 am 

Does anyone know of a modern-era Star Wars parts and accessories shop along the lines of OneStopJoeShop or Vitruvian Armory? Hasbro's produced so much 3.75 Star Wars product in the past 25 years, I have to think there's a reseller out there specializing in all the bits and bobs.

(And, yes, I know Google is a thing, but either I'm getting too old or Google gets a little "LASER BLAST" as a search tool every day (probably a little from column A and a little from column B). I'm also aware of Ebay, but I'm not looking to place a bulk order for 5000 knockoff lightsabers or overpay for Phantom Menace merch that was liquidated for pennies on the dollar back in 2000.)

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Sourcing Star Wars parts/accessories
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:32 am 
Plug
Plug

Spectre's Swap Shop? I've tried some of the Star Wars groups and like you said the bulk of it is lightsabers and clone helmets and it is really hard to pin down specific bits especially when the packaging didn't call out what it is. TL;DR: When you find one, let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:01 pm 

there isnt anything like there is for gijoe and other military action figures.
i asked some star wars customizing groups i'm in for a dlt-20a ig-88 rifle because i dont want to lose my tvc ig88 rifle by giving it to a custom:
i've resolved to 3d print it.

these groups were unhelpful answering that and if there is someone selling cast parts, they're a well kept secret.

starwarsgeek was one for heads, but not weapons. he's been on a hiatus due to a myriad of reasons and is playing catch up (and trying to repair his reputation too because he was selling casts he didnt have to pay for healthcare costs and other various things that popped up and got swamped.)

the only other option i can think of, i wouldnt buy from them in a million years. i dont even think tehy're allowed here to sell anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:24 pm 

I have been customizing Star Wars figures sense when they returned to shelves back in '95, and there have been many ways to get little bits here and there that have come and gone. Nearly all the sources have dried up after the '08 recession and haven't recovered and don't see them to make a comeback with the cost of thing. Before that, there were many excess figures to be had and customized which in turn made all the accessories more abundant. I can't really speak for the facebook groups, but the forums that are still around and if you want to wait for someone to respond are my go to. Though to be honest, that can take years to get someone willing to part with something you need and it isn't always cheap either.

Other problems I have faced are there isn't many sites like Yojoe.com or 3Djoes.com for Star Wars and none that have tools to help with a search. That could be due to all the repacks/repaints that Hasbro sees fit to release. Though some of the better sites that have archives would be Jeditemplearchives.com, Rebelscum.com, and Yakface.com. Jeditemplearchives is by far the best though. If you are looking for vintage pre '95 than 12back.com is about the best, but haven't been updated in years and isn't complete. Those might help you narrow down your search and knowing which figure the accessories come from can help big time and you maybe able to score some great deals on auction sites for complete/carded items, if the thing you are looking for has many repacks/repaints or not very popular. Every once in a while, I can find things that only cost be a buck or 2 and I get a figure with what I was looking for.

Though I would be very interested in finding a shop that offers Star Wars bits also.

momaw nadon

My Brawlingness
or to view and/or leave Brawlingness click feedback button below

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:27 am 

Keep an eye on Amazon warehouse. They get a lot of returns on the vintage collection because the packaging gets beat up in shipping, and they end up selling those at a discount.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])