Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3 tier display base from "Kitchen Shelf Organizer"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 pm 

Thought I'd share this find. My 25thA display is filled up, and I needed a place to display new figures as I find them.

Target sells just the spice rack from this set in stores for $8.

I bought 2 a while ago thinking they'd be a quick fix to get a little more display space out of my shelves. The grey mats pull off really easy for spray painting the base. I tried to remove the adhesive left, but didn't have much luck. I think if I'd taken the time to remove it or sand it down, these would work fine without the gray mats.

For mine though, I sprayed them flat black and put the mats back on. The mats don't want to lay completely flat, so bigger figures with large feet or figures with stands work best. I've found each tier can hold 2 rows on the 25th style stands.

I haven't tried to fill it up yet, but it looks like you fit about 5 across, 2 deep for each row, so if you really packed them in you could do 30 on one.

In stores they're around the kitchen/closet organization area. The only thing I see in their online store is the set I linked to above.

These turned out to work pretty well, thought someone else could probably use them.

Added the second pic to show relative size to on the shelf and my existing display.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 3 tier display base from "Kitchen Shelf Organizer"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:07 pm 

That's pretty cool and a great idea, not to mention the use of the spice rack. I like how your custom Joe display base came out, it "Rocks". :shifty:

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:33 pm 

very very nice. i have seen these at bed, bath adn beyond (my budget), but never bothered to pick them up.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:05 pm 
JC Podcaster

Those spice racks aren't bad, I have been using similar ones for several years now:

I do, however, prefer these stands:

As you can see, they do not have the little "knobs" on their surfaces allowing for better placement and ease in standing various figures. They also telescope out doubling their size. You can get them at The Container Store for about $9.99 or thereabouts when they are on sale and about $12.99 each at regular price.

More pics from my, sadly now all packed up, Star Wars Room:

BTW: Your custom "rock" display is friggin' AWSOME!

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:11 pm 

Spectre, I am speechless! That is an impressive collection! WOW!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:51 pm 

Spectre wrote:
As you can see, they do not have the little "knobs" on their surfaces allowing for better placement and ease in standing various figures. They also telescope out doubling their size. You can get them at The Container Store for about $9.99 or thereabouts when they are on sale and about $12.99 each at regular price.

More pics from my, sadly now all packed up, Star Wars Room:

BTW: Your custom "rock" display is friggin' AWSOME!

I remember considering getting those! I think I only saw them for the >$10 price point, and I wasn't thrilled about the way they extended out... but they look a lot better in use than I would have though. I might have to get some if I can find them on sell.

My sympathies on having your collection packed up! The pictures look great though... I'm going the other way, finally getting to unbox some stuff I haven't had out in years.

Thanks for the comments on the rock display everyone. I'm actually thinking about redoing it soon, as it was my first attempt at something like. I was happy with the results, but I feel like I could do better if I used nicer materials this time around. If anyone's interested, the old making of thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3625&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

I find my interest in people's displaying habits peaked, as I try to make the most out of my display place. I've got one whole room, and I've told myself that that's a good limit on my collection. If it doesn't fit in there, I probably don't need it. I'm trying to make the most of the display space though, and simple projects like the spice rack are about my speed.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:26 am 

Usually get these at IKEA, but 1.24 beats their price. All Kitchen cabinets online items long gone by the time I was able to get out. Luckily the chopping mats were in cosmetics under some feminine care products. Might have been someone's stash. Nice surprise for me!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:29 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])